Sunday, October 16, 2011

Catching up in North Carolina

Hello everyone!!

I finally got to come see Derek in North Carolina again! It was so great to see him; we haven't seen one another since Labor Day weekend so it was nice to spend time with each other again. The trip here was quite a fiasco though, it tested my patience for sure! First, my plane got delayed from 6:05 AM to 7:25 AM, so my parents and I got up at 3:30 AM for nothing, and I was not going to get into North Carolina until 4:30...four and half hours later than orignally planned! Then we ended up getting lost and I missed my 7:25 flight so at the very last minute they put me on a flight to Minneapolis and it ended up working better because I got into North Carolina at 1:00 PM. Then I had to wait at the car rental place for an hour because they were out of cars, it was terrible. But, I eventually made it to Derek! I opened up my presents from Derek then we got ready and headed out to dinner and to see Ides of March--very fantastic we woud both recommend it. The theater was very neat and it had an IMAX. Today we went out to breakfast, went shopping, and went to a winery that is just down the road from our apartment. Now we are cheering the Cardinals on for a win!
 Here is a picture of the winery we went to on Saturday, very small and quiet. But very nice! And just to note; we were not the only ones there, some people are behind those trees haha

 Here is our attempt of a self portrait, pretty good!
Derek enjoying his glass of wine...don't worry he bought a box to go
Here is another picture...just for fun! Thank goodness for timers on cameras :-)

We went shopping and saw this giant griaffe, Derek was amazed!

Derek has booked his flight home for Christmas and will be home for about three weeks which will be nice, if I am still not in North Carolina...which hopefully will not happen. Derek is still enjoying school and has begun studying for final exams in Decemeber--good luck to you Derek! In puppy news, Watson is currently learning some new tricks. He can now sit, give paw, lay down, and an half attempt of rolling over. Other than my visit out here, there is not much other news! I hope you all have a lovely week and GO CARDS!!

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment