Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hello Everyone!

Greetings from North Carolina! I've been living on the east coast now for exactly one week, and it has taken exactly one week for me to finally get my internet hooked. "What took me so long to get the internet?" you ask. Well, I didn't have the money to pay for the installation fee of course! "How much was the installation fee?" you ask. A grand total of ZERO dollars (face palm).

Anyways though, I thought I'd take the time out of my busy law student schedule to update you on the latest happenings going on here in North Carolina. First, let me just say the state is absolutely beautiful. Trees and greenery everywhere. The weather has been fantastic, only creeping past 90 degrees once and typically low humidity. A far cry from the sizzling summer going on back in Missouri. The weather though should be changing by the weekend though with hurricane Irene storming up the coast line. Right now the weather channel has us getting hit Sunday with approximately 85 mph winds and rain. Oh and there was an earthquake today; North Carolina's first since 1944. What did we law students do as the ground beneath our feet shook and the walls trembled? We remained sitting and quietly listened to the remainder of the presentation. Missing a vital piece of information is a more terrifying prospect than the building collapsing on top of us.

Speaking of Law School, I love it... So far. It feels great, and right, to be back in a classroom setting. The professors are amazing and have accomplished so much in their respective fields that I couldn't help but be in awe during their introduction at Monday's orientation. As of now, the only class I've had has been the Legal Analysis, Writing, and Research class, designed to teach us how to write like lawyer and find the appropriate research materials to help with our case. A class that I currently have homework in, and am neglecting to write this blog post. So until next time, take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment